In our weekly Library Card Series we highlight a selection from our resource library to help introduce the content to our industry partners.
In this week’s Library Card Series post we will take a look at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) new module in their Cyber Security Evaluation Tool (CSET): the Ransomware Readiness Assessment (RRA).
What is CSET?
CSET is a software tool that helps lead users through a step by step evaluation process to better protect their networks with good cybersecurity practices. The software can be applied to both information technology (IT) and industrial control system (ICS) networks.
What is RRA?
The RRA is a self assessment that can be applied to aid organizations in determining how well equipped and prepared they are to defend against a ransomware attack. The tool has been tailored so it is applicable to all organizations regardless of the organization’s cybersecurity maturity. The Assessment:
- Helps organizations evaluate their cybersecurity posture, with respect to ransomware, against recognized standards and best practice recommendations in a systematic, disciplined, and repeatable manner.
- Guides asset owners and operators through a systematic process to evaluate their operational technology.
- Provides an analysis dashboard with graphs and tables that present the assessment results in both summary and detailed form
How To Access the RRA:
- Go to the Github page provided by CISA
- Download the RRA Software
- Login and start the CSET application
- Start a new assessment
- Select Maturity Model within the Assessment Configuration screen
- Select Ransomware Readiness Assessment from the Maturity Model screen
- Complete the RRA Assessment
To find more valuable resources covering a wide variety of topics, visit the resource section of our website, and check back to our blog every Tuesday for our Library Card Series where we highlight different resources from the library.